YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 12 September 2020

LADORE TO SAINT FELICIEN, QUEBEC. TWENTY-ONE KILOMETRES

 September 2, 2020

After a couple of rather large days, I took one of the first rooms available on route.
Under the circumstances it turn out to be be one of my greatest mediocre rooms of all.
Clean sheets!!
Hot shower!!
TV!!
70's ambience!!!!!



Somehow fixated on spending a night in Saint Felicien even before I left, with only twenty kilometres down the road today I'll do a little sightseeing on route.
Here apparently is the oldest water driven sawmill in Quebec, Canada????
 
One target on the trip that I've always wanted to visit, more later, is the Lac Saint-Jean region.
I'm at #8 making my way.


One of the oldest operators of one of the oldest..........
One aspect of the trip that I've been liking is that in the regions I've been travelling,
few people speak English, or at least let on to believe.
I've found most everyone cordial and more.
Perhaps it's the pulling out of the "VISA" card that breaks all boundaries and I do make a concienous 
effort to exercise at all time my limited french.
As in this case with this gentleman,
a smile goes a long way.

Not necessarily here but how I got to know the name, Saint Felicien, was through some motorsport history.
The town held a Formula Atlantic race through its streets in the heyday of the series during the '70's.
Brother John made it all the way here, by the much easier southern access, for the popular spectacle of seeing a early Gilles Villeneuve victory.



For all the fans of space, as in outer.


In Saint Felicien, I get my first partial look at the notable "La Véloroute des Bleuets" cycling trail that circumnavigates the lake.
More tomorrow as I will make my way on a portion of it.

Perfect!! Heavy rains and vicious winds.
All more making sense to take another room to further recoup after my Chibougamau adventure.


Out with the nasty and in with what is looking like blue sky for the blueberry trail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment