YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 24 October 2012

BAYFIELD INLET - TG2012 - PT1 - ALL YOU CAN EAT CRUISE...

......, that's all you can eat in twenty minutes on a Georgian Bay Dash.

Bayfield Inlet, Georgian Bay, Ontario, CANADA
Thanksgiving, 2012
Friday, October 5, 2012

Virtually everyone that I have met since the second weekend in October has not asked me the same question. No turkey basting blogging ? WELL, WELL, WELL. Stand back everyone.

I do write this close to Halloween. I do realize it is the time of some things frightening. I do know how this series of posting ends. Some of us have seen a certain finned fish get it's seven days of fame on a particular cable channel. So if you dare,  join us now for this Bayfield Network's
"TURKEY WEEK" (we were on the island for only three days, but ate a weeks worth of food)

Just for all four of us to be able to plan and meet for a weekend was enough to give thanks for. Throw in some safe boating, reasonable weather,.... and  much epicurean fun, more thanks.

To set the theme for the weekend, we started with a cruise that offered the traditional all you can eat passage ( I hit the throttle hard when we left the marina as I wanted this enticement kept to one sandwich each)

Like any cruise, you can imagine the excitement when the Captain 
docks the boat in preparation for boarding.

This picture was taken just before the highpoint of any cruise. Dining with the captain. May I recommend.....
Some finer eating establishments allow you to bring your own beverages. MMM, OH, Chateau TH. AH, a very good hour.
I thought that we were missing someone.
This is Thanksgiving 2009.
Kirsten had been a much welcomed guest for the previous three years.







Ready to hang a starboard to our channel. Beyond here is LOTS of Georgian Bay.

Is this from a different Thanksgiving.
Or was it Easter? Maybe BayDays?
Not Georgian BAY, but Hudson Bay
Days. I'll get back to you on this one.


Readers have been forewarned. 
We are now just off the main channel. This spit of rock, on the port side, is the start of our island. The dots much further left is the sitting area where many of our sunset photos are taken.
I have taught myself the boating basics by learning from examples. Here I am keeping an eye out for icebergs. 

Is that all we brought?


COMING VERY SOON - We will see if that's all we brought. 



No comments:

Post a Comment