YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 24 July 2014

CYCLE TOURING MANITOULIN ISLAND, PROVIDENCE BAY, MINDEMOYA, GORE BAY - D5

FRIDAY, JULY 18, 2014


It had been on my "B" bucket list to cycle Manitoulin Island when the chance arose.
When the arising rose, our casual planning had us head to Gore Bay for the Saturday and
SUMMERFEST.
What caught our eye was the advertised Pancake Breakfast BBQ Lunch and Fish Fry Supper
Three out of three
(I will have to brush up on my graces)


 But before we head to GB, we're going to head to the south shore and Providence Bay.
The word is that "You Gotta Eat Here" noted Lake Huron Fish and Chips is worthy of it's nod.

 There seems to be a lot happening on the island this weekend. Here in Providence Bay they are expecting upwards of 1000 motorcycles, the thunder, riders and leather that goes with them.



 My highest nod to all of the island so far is that one can't go to far and not find the local Whitefish and chips.
Every night that we ate out , maybe seven, I had Fish and Chips. 



 Welcome back to the Big M. 

 The weather was warming up but nice for July. 
It is summer.

 I sometimes wonder about some decisions I've made in my life.
Here I got a double "Pralines and Cream"
Don't get me wrong. It was good but I wasn't confident afterwards if it was the right decision. Normally I would of gone for some sort of Chocolate Flavour. With my call of a double scoop I could of mixed them up. One Pralines and Cream and maybe one Chocolate Peanut Butter. Maybe even both scoops chocolate, but different kinds.
Maybe me ordering Pralines and Cream was my inner self calling out to order something different.
But I have had Pralines and Cream before? 
I tried to satisfy my mixed emotions with the rationalization that there will be another day and more ice cream.
I vowed not to give up.
I wonder if Pat Zajak has the answer
I will move on.
Just because  I don't understand electricity doesn't mean that I can't enjoy it.
The Worlds NOT my oyster
It's at least 31 flavours and beyond
What the hell is Pralines and Cream anyhow?
Cream I understand.

Never sharpen a stick of dynamite as if it was a pencil.

 We made our way to Gore Bay.
In a village with a rather large transient  pleasure craft traffic, we felt we were not crossing anyone by camping in a small but lovely park that sat high on a bluff overlooking Gore Bay and the north channel of Lake Huron.


Whitefish. Not the greatest fish we've enjoyed, but local equates to fresh.

Room with a view. 
During all of our trip we had pleasantly warm days. 
The evenings provided our favourite cooler temps.



AC/DC sang that "It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll."
Here without that fence it's a LONG way to the bottom if just want to be with a rock.

COMING NEXT - SUMMERFEST


No comments:

Post a Comment