YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 14 November 2012

1978 BRITISH GRAND PRIX - IT'S LARGE PRIZE WEEK ON the GONP.

My interest in Fomula One Grand Prix auto racing has waned significantly over the years. A recent trip to my local barber here in Fonthill (decided to get my hair cut to order other than a number. Got the number one when I went to India. Shorter than short. Felt better when at the the end of the day we exchanged our ".......  and don't let the bed bugs paralyze"...., back to Tony. He's going this weekend to Austin, Texas to see the first Grand Prix in United States since the unfortunate fiasco in Indianapolis (2007).

I have my scanner fired up so I thought I would dig through the stack of reels in the the basement and see what we can find.


IT'S GRAND PRIX WEEK on GOING OVER NIAGARA PAUL'S
(Please enjoy responsibly)
WOW, WOW GRAND PRIX WEEK
and
 DIWALI.

1978 BRITISH GRAND PRIX
BRANDS HATCH
ENGLAND

Here my brother went to England for the GP. That's about as much as I know from the personal end.
Check out the race details at the following:1978 British Grand Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The late Ronnie Peterson. Lotus.(Died at the Italian Grand Prix later this year)
Three Time World Champion Niki Lauda's Brabham.
Didier Pironi's Tyrrell

L-R Jackie Stewart, Ken Tyrrell, Jody Scheckter, ????(Pironi)
Attention, clear the grid please!

Niki Lauda. Brabham. First year after many with Ferrari.


Retired at this point, the "Wee Scot". Nice hat.

Checkered flag for Carlos Ruettemen. Ferrari

I wish my barber, the Tifosi and all the prancing horses a safe weekend. And yes, I'll watch.

Photo credits: John Nemy (except the flying sister- N. Nemy)


COMING NEXT: 1981 LONG BEACH GRAND PRIX. BEACHES, BABES, .....




No comments:

Post a Comment