YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 19 March 2023

SNOWBASIN, UTAH. USA


Here in the Wasatch range, SnowBasin outside of Ogden Utah will be the largest resort we will hit. After some bluebird at Arizona Snowbowl and BrianHead, here we will contend with some snowy, foggy weather that will prove  a bit challenging. More than once I will unload and not knowing the resort will just follow the leader of the lift, hoping the leader is not just in the middle of some Warren Millar production and off to some piste where  she’s expected to free fall …………………and like Lemmings I'll.................




Crazy big mountain with crazy amount of snow.

One of the oldest ski hills in all of the USA,
Snowbasin has been in operation for eight-four years.



Who knows, 
I may have unknowingly skied the 2002 Olympic downhill course that SnowBasin hosted.


After un-loading off one the highest lifts into a fog that a Londoner would be proud of,
I had absolutely no idea which way to go, 
preferably not off some,
"out of bounds" cliff.
Fortunately a local picked up on a lady that was somewhat freaking out and guided us down to safer  climes.
Here I dare not lose sight as I follow.


Not my photo or here at SnowBasin but the general theme in Utah and Central California this year.

Beautiful large log facilities, top and bottom.


25,500 feet of vertical.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment