YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 21 January 2012

NEMY, TADAPANI TO GHANDRUK, ANNAPURNA SANCTUARY, NEPAL

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Some of these posts have recreated from e-mails prior to my blog.)


(i have been cutting and posting this trip from old notes. some of this 
looks a little hack. like they have gone over the brink)



Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:05pm
One thing that we keep forgetting to write about is some news on this 
side of the world you may not of heard about. Our intentions were to 
write everyone numerous post cards but are unable due to "POSTCARD 
WRITERS STRIKE"
They can be quite unreasonable at times.
I have told myself to stop rambling and actually write somethings that have relevance to our trek.
All my life I have associated Nepal with just one thing. The Himalaya. We knew due to our time restraint that we could only push so far up the valley we chose.  The result was we hiked most of the time in a sub-tropic zone that was also reflective of the warmer weather we had.







We did dodge the Monsoon, but still were in the wettest part of all 
Nepal. Not quite glacier terrian, 
which would be possible if we kept 
going another 2-3 days, but 
beautiful in its own way. We maxed  out at about 3,100 metres were we 
did experience cooler temps.





I have never been a big fan of monkeys. It is probably a product of were I would see them. In some cage or running from some guy's shoulder to my pant pocket were I would be expected to think it's cute when he took 
twenty bucks from my wallet. Here they occasionaly swung freely along theforest canopy.

The
forest also offered some beautiful swimming stops. Leeches were quite
common . Tikka was on constant vigil. I invariantly ripped one off,
which is what you are not supposed to do and had a good bleed.What this
rain forest didn't have was a cafe.



The images here are of us traversing from Tadapani to Ghandruck. Again
you will see some, said lightly,stairs. I had already resigned myself 
long time
ago to the fact that if I complain about climbing just one, I thought
of the poor @#$%^ who set just one. 



One image is of Tika picking some
Tea.
Thank You
Paul, Kate, Nicola and Hyla

No comments:

Post a Comment