YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 16 June 2013

BAYFIELD INLET - GEORGIAN BAY HEAVY METAL

June, 2013
BAYFIELD INLET, ONTARIO, CANADA

Some random images of the continued demolition of the cottage on our island.
I am down to the floor that is surprisingly, considering the remote location, all steel floor trusses.
My best calculation from the progress so far is that we will end up with a ton, if not more, of recyclable scrap STEEL. The way this thing was built, it could of supported a cottage skyscraper. I have been able to dispose, in various ways, of the rest of the cottage so far, but definitely looking at some barging for this disposal.



At one point we thought that we might reuse some of the patio doors.
Not now.


Was doing the safety dance.



With the irregular floor layout, even for me it's a guess that I'm a little over half way done.

Starting to expose some Canadian Shield that might become part of our grand room floor.
A SOLID!

The cutting of metal is new to me. The sparks from every cut is like some major July 1st sparkler show.(I definitely make sure I zipper-up after a outhouse trip.)
Will do some night cutting shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment