YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 13 June 2013

NICOLA NEMY, PAUL NEMY, YONGE STREET 10 K - ON THE RUN

APRIL 21, 2013
TORONTO YONGE STREET 10K


Chalk up another "seemed like a good idea at the time"
On our own, during the winter Nicola and I seemed to be doing a little running.
Back in December, seemingly enough time for all to forget, we decided to run down Yonge St.
Not like some do at 04:00am for the wrong reasons. We, and 6,998 others, decided to do it for, in my case fun and beating my daughter.

Warming up. For photos. 
Bouy Ya

 Pre-race. Happier times for me.
I trained for a total of days and days. Adding up to days.
I ran with the mantra of:
Pain is temporary, beating my daughter is something I will have forever
Pain is temporary, beating my daughter is something I will have forever
Pain is temporary, beating my daughter is something I will have forever
Pain is temporary, beating my daughter is something I will have forever

Here Nicola, behind her father's back, practises her version of the NFL's end zone celebration (mocking the loser) of scoring a win over her unassuming opponent. 

(Later accessed unsportswoman like conduct penalty. Had to pay for own breakfast)

What's with all the smiling?

If here I knew what the outcome held, might have given my lovely daughter a little tighter neck embrace.(stretching exercise)





The truth is that when you get beat, keep your head down.
I did run my target sub one  hour.
I didn't run my target to beat Nicola.

 Here Nicola checks to see if the award is real. Yup. That's a true cotton/polyester blend.

Best now to forget all this running nonsense and see if I can find that magical and much more fun, 

"Eater's High"


NICE  PHOTO CREDITS - H. A.  Nemy

EARLIER DAYS ON THE RUN
 circa 1979
This Skylon Marathon had the feature of starting in Buffalo, U.S.A. we ran across the border, the Peace Bridge, and finished in Niagara Falls, Cdn.

Once when I was asked if I wanted to do a marathon, I jumped at the chance.
I thought it was watching a "Hoarders" marathon.

BLOSSOM FESTIVAL 10K. QUEENSTON HEIGHTS, NIAGARA, CANADA


1978 circa

I'm not proud of it, but sometimes I watch marathons just for the crashes.

I am Super. Man!

Everybody is running. 
My brother John.


No comments:

Post a Comment