YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 28 July 2015

A SUPERIOR CYCLING TOUR - D2/3

SATURDAY JULY 18, 2015/SUNDAY JULY 19, 2015

As cycle touring goes, Kristen and Hyla's arrival into Thunder Bay is on the schedule of we get there when we get there and that will turn out to be Sunday pm.

That will give me a couple of days to find some parts that I must have left behind either in our new storage bunker, on the condo floor, in the back of the Escape or perhaps with the big tear in my bike box on arrival somewhere at 15,000ft rolling around in a Porter Air bird.


It will also give me some time for a little sightseeing and loading up on supplies for the ride.

 Getting a little inspiration piecing my bike back together.

 Canada's Women's Team pursuit on their way to gold.
Kate and I were at the track to take in the heats.



 The Sleeping Giant



 Most locals I talked to spoke of hope and despair.
Not uncommon in any community that once was heavily dependent on pulp and paper and the moving of grain.

"Thunderstruck"

Thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track
I looked round
And I knew there was no turning back
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you
Sound of the drums
Beating in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart
You've been
Thunderstruck
ac/dc

 Without too much planning all I wanted to do in Thunder Bay was leave and go to the notable
 Hoito Restaurant
for some Finnish hospitality and PANCAKES.
Just wasn't in the mood. Will wait for a pancake partner.



 THIS GOES OUT TO ALL THE
PUNKS GROWING FOOD


Hey look who's here.

 Hyla Nemy

Kristen Flath 

After a nice lunch we part and prepare for tomorrow.
Hyla is no stranger to Thunder Bay. Having worked in Cat Lake, Ontario, some 400kms north of here for nine months,  the ladies will spend the night at Hilliary's, a professional acquaintance.

I will now go rest and drift off in thought.
All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment