YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 29 July 2015

A SUPERIOR CYCLING TOUR - D4

MONDAY JULY 20, 2015
THUNDER BAY TO NIPIGON, ONTARIO, CANADA


Kristen and Hyla ,with some special helpers, will use this morning to do a quick pit stop in Thunder Bay.
A troublesome tire needs some attention.
I'll take advantage of their latter departure and slowly head out and try to find my legs.
(Hope there still not back at the Porter baggage claim.)

We'll meet soon.




With the focus being on packing up, including my bike, and moving out of our lovely house the past month or two, I'll be thrilled to bag the 99 today and will ignore the 675 for now.

99 KILOMETRES OF ROAD TO NIPIGON
99 KILOMETRES OF ROAD..........
IF ONE OF THOSE KILOM................
.....................................................................
(it'll give me something to do for  5-6 hrs)

 The next couple of days I will find myself tackling some climbs where I gained inspiration from thinking of what this young man did compare to my little inconvenience of ...........
I believe he ran what would work out to one hundred and forty four marathons in  row.
(Nicola and I ran a half marathon last fall. I might have done it multiple more times but didn't come close to having the time for all I spent telling people I didn't even remotely know for at least a month of my epic achievement.)
Did I ever tell you that last November Nicola and I ran a half.........

 “I don’t feel that this is unfair. That’s the thing about cancer. I’m not the only one, it happens all the time to people. I’m not special. This just intensifies what I did. It gives it more meaning. It’ll inspire more people. I just wish people would realize that anything’s possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try.



Meeting some cycle tourers already. This couple on their first tour started in Barrie and plan on circumnavigating, going around, whatever, Lake Superior.
From talking and just judging by their smiles it won't be their last tour.
Welcome to the club. 


 “I'm not a dreamer, and I'm not saying this will initiate any kind of definitive answer or cure to cancer, but I believe in miracles. I have to.”


your niagara paul
(if anyone for any reason would use this photo,
please be it for good and not evil)

Dotter and Blogger


Today my focus is on surviving my first 100
Not too many road pictures here.
Please keep moving on

Quick, like our mail, stop.
Eat
Drink
Spin
Repeat

 Nipigon and all smiles from this side.

ROTI TIME
 I glady loaded up on supplies for us all in Thunder Bay.
With anything that comes out of my panniers, no body is happier to eat in more ways that one than me.
Seconds ladies?



Nighty, night.
Sweet dreams are made of this
113 Ks
and lovin' it


Stayed tuned for some serious rock and roll





1 comment:

  1. Niagara Paul's Northern Correspondent approves of this message

    ReplyDelete