YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 10 May 2012

BAYFIELD INLET - D40, THE KOOP


THE BAYFIELD DIARIES
THIS EPISODE: THE KOOP

Where’s the ground Kobo beef? More so, where are the chickens? This tale has neither. This is a story of a little building on our island.
When we became islanders, this, one of the three main structures, served as partial tool storage and sleeping quarters, ideal for a tired handyman.
Both the interior and its 70’s product du jour, waferboard siding, proved as minimalist as one would need to hold up some rather tired shingles.
The renewal started with a re-roof, in I believe, 2007. My challenge to brother-in-law Paul M.’s shingling skills proved good for me, bad for him. Over 2010 and 2011 we re-sided, thanks Papa Mansfield, and finished the interior with a coat of ceiling paint, nice white pine paneling and some simple laminate flooring.
Early in our islander days, we had friends Larry and Lorraine and their daughter’s, Amada and Mel visit. The family KOOP.

When’s the last time you had a shack named after you?




Hope you like the colour?
Thanks Papa Mansfield.

I think we have done well. What's for supper?




Nice view. I thought I heard a Loon. I did hear a Loon.




Ready for a tired handyman. (could use a not-so-tired electrician to finish that light(s))



No comments:

Post a Comment