YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 5 March 2013

NEW ZEALAND, 1979 STAR OF TOMORROW, FORMULA PACIFIC, STEVE MILLEN, PAUL NEMY

1979


Part of my travels  in 1979 had me following some acquaintances who headed south for an endless summer after racing in North America. The then very popular and "Star of Tomorrow" Formula Atlantic series.
Now that I thing of it, maybe here Formula Pacific?


Successful Kiwi export, Steve Millen

American Jeff Woods. The man in black is Kiwi mechanic/technician Dave White. Hung out with these guys a bit.

These guys got in the way of the "Air New Zealand" sign I wanted to photograph.



Larry Perkins

John and I, Mosport Park, Ontario, Canada


The good Doctor Shiperd helping me on my way.
Hot laps. Mosport Park.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Fantastic photos of the Formula Pacific series in NZ. I'm interested to know what tracks these were taken at and do you know who the driver is in the Marlboro #2 March 78B? Some of the photos look like Manfeild (in January 79?) but were you at more? My email is 356split@gmail.com.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete