YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Friday 28 November 2014

WELLS GRAY ADVENTURES, HUT TO HUT HIKING - 8th Post of Wells

AUGUST, 2014

DAY THREE -WRAP UP



 Our day was long but good. Discovery Cabin will provide ample hospitality in this remote part of the park.



 Looking back towards Eagle Pass that we earlier traversed.



Here we again join for what has become more than just eating. They are meals with many shared enjoyments from what has proved to be another rather spectacular day.


Later the evenings were filled with quizzical conversation ranging from the boxing segment on the TV special, "Battle of the PBS Stars" where Julia  Child beat the shit out of Mr. Rogers to the never to be won "discussion" on "the Littlest Hobo" being a cross dressing alcoholic.
Makes the dog look good compared to what goes on now a days.


We will all sleep well tonight. The last significant climb of the day is to bed.
Like in the mountains, sometimes going down is the trickiest.
Midnight repelling.
Think twice before that second bedtime tea.

Our past Hut to Hut trips have seen us in a variety of sleeping arrangements.
Here I believe the term would be Open Concept.
Not as much a Time Share but more a Floor .....
I like it. NO SECRETS!

Considering our locale, all Kate and I would want, as here, is to be dry and warm. Even coolish cold is quite acceptable

One past trip I took was advertised that it will
"Mould your character"
Latter to mean that when I woke up I had mold on the character being me.
That explained the mushroom omelet that we had for breakfast.


Good Night

Dream, dream, dream, dream
Dream, dream, dream, dream

When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you
All I have to do is dream 
Dream, dream, dream

Everly Bros.

hope I don't see any birds

No comments:

Post a Comment