YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 29 November 2014

WELLS GRAY ADVENTURES, HUT TO HUT HIKING - 9th Lives of Gray

August , 2014
Day Four

TABLE with a MOUNTAIN view please.

Trophy Mountain

 Our fourth morning will rise with much promise  
Oddly the post will not start with photos us eating but heading out for a day hike. 
We will be spending the night back at Discovery Cabin.

 Our well structured, organised and moderately difficult hike to get to this area makes this old cabin and its history of early "living" in this remote area even that more remarkable.


Not always do I like to know where I've been and where I'm going, but here lets take a look.
Yesterday we made our way from Trophy Chalet, across Eagle Pass to Discovery Cabin.
Today we will try a assault on Table Mountain.
Later I will be making an assault on the dinner table mountain of food.
I wonder what we're having?
I wonder what we're having?
ummmm!!!
mountain of food

There's so much more to this experience than my ramblings can cover that I would strongly advise clicking on the link below to get what all this park affords.
Coming from Ontario, most of Kate and my early adventure were by canoe.
We even did a fair bit of cross country ski camping.
Might need to come back.





 Kate and I are enjoying the diversity of our group.
Here Diane from Chicago leads Julie, who has come from California to enjoy this not so available guided hut to hut experience in North America.

Usually, on my own, or with Kate we would enjoy the solitude of the mountains and nature.
This mountain top is in more ways than one my Higher Power.

Here having summited, it is like some things in my life now how nice it is to share these on the spot experiences.
It's also part of my "going over niagara paul's" project.

It has been our luck and thus enjoyment to have hooked up with such a great ensemble of adventurers. 



The furthest of the two clearings in the distance is are target for tomorrow, Flight Meadow.
Hopefully there is hut out there as well.

 Kate Nemy and the blogger.

 Here Don from Orleans, just outside of Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA , leads a discussion,
"is what surrounds us here enough proof that nature is not a waste of space"

No comments:

Post a Comment