YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 2 November 2014

HAMILTON HALF MARATHON MAN AND WOMAN

Having accumulated a little fitness over the summer, thought I would do something a little different and go for a run. Thought a 10K would be fun. 
Should have paid a little more attention checking the boxes during registration because before I knew it I and my VISA card were on the hook for a Half Marathon.
Maybe because I already had a partner (for at least the starting line) in mind.


Nicola and Paul Nemy
  
Nicola has been running at least a couple of quarter marathons and more a week for a while.
She is actually coming off a successful Half Marathon during her stay in Inuvik, NWT this summer.
Successful in the Arctic is partly not being nipped by a bear.


Camera eclipse.


Having trained a total less than 100k's coming into this, I will be happy with just running the whole thing and the time will be what it will be.
I will keep my eye on the two and a half hour rabbit as I would be more than happy to bang off twenty one kilometres on or about.

"DirtBag Diaries"?????

Nicola Nemy

Whats there to smile about?

With the temps hovering around the zero mark, I was surprisingly happy to hear the start gun.
See you later Nicola. Much later.

How discouraging.



Don't want to miss a turn off. Especially when it's downhill.


Towards the end I was feeling well and started to look for my 2-1/2 hour rabbit.


Better but not quite right.

 Ever been to the University of Victoria?
No.
I'll explain another day.



Nicola Nemy


 Holy power gel. One kilometre to go!


Done like lunch.
2 hours, 28 minutes and whatever.

Congrats Nicola on your sub two hour!!!

Other than drug check for what might show as a handful of Ibuprofen, went over the brink for this
niagara paul. 



 Thanks Nicola and all for being my rabbit in life.
(I'm smilin' on the inside)


Please Note: For those who might call for advice on your lottery numbers for the week, I will be taking a brief rest now, so your calls later would be appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment