YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 13 April 2017

Lassen Volcanic National Park, Helen Lake, California. U.S.A. Nemy, Hyla and Paul.

September 10, 2016
Day 19
44/63


Here's just another day in a cycle of real life. A cycle tour that saw, my two compasses, Nicola and Hyla, and a I amazingly fill in the empty spaces on a crossword. That meaning a  cross state ride from Bakersfield to South Lake Tahoe, CA. There we ceremoniously jettisoned the one spice girl back to life in Ontario, Canada. That up and down story can be found further back via the “older post” button. Father’s days! 
These pages are of Hyla and I continuing and taking in some pretty amazing highs and "ohs" and trying to chase, thankfully, a never ending horizon. 
Or at least for now Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Camp Helen



Here close to the summit Hyla and I will sneak a night in at Helen Lake.


Our view  from our front row picnic table is Lassen Peak. Tomorrow we will cycle past the trail head of what is reported a manageable hike.

I'm expecting some sweet dreams as our climb to the highest pass is at the saddle in the distance.
A climb it was. 
Sometimes I have to shatter myself before I can put my "whole" back together.



Here we've tucked ourselves in for the night.

Cool picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment