YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 15 April 2017

Lassen Volcanic National Park, Manzanita Lake, California, U.S.A. Nemy, Hyla and paul

"We salute you!"

September 11, 2016
Day 20
46/63


Here's just another day in a cycle of real life. A cycle tour that saw, my two compasses, Nicola and Hyla, and a I amazingly fill in the empty spaces on a crossword. That meaning a  cross state ride from Bakersfield to South Lake Tahoe, CA. There we ceremoniously jettisoned the one spice girl back to life in Ontario, Canada. That up and down story can be found further back via the “older post” button. Father’s days! 
These pages are of Hyla and I continuing and taking in some pretty amazing highs and "ohs" and trying to chase, thankfully, a never ending horizon. 
Or at least for now Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.





Smiling. What goes up ......





Not offering too much more other than some extra room and a real bed, we've taken a little cabin here.

I come to ride so I can go to eat!

Its the likes of the past couple of days, as in the past three weeks, that prompts me after waving off a menu:
"I'll have the finest food you have stuffed with the second finest....."



Here's a story.
click
I wouldn't want to wish it too loudly but with a little cabin like this you would want to have some inclement weather to maximise it's worth.

Our dry weather continues. We now have ridden out of the heat of SoCal (at one point I thought I was going to have to change my will from "cremation" to "cremate my ashes") into almost perfect cycling temps of early Fall.

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life




This Australian couple are spending two years cycling from northern North America to southern South America.
Will keep an eye out for them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment