YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 9 September 2020

CHIBOUGAMOU, QUEBEC AND THEN ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-EIGHT KILOMETRES DOWN THE ROAD.

 

After couple of nights in Chibougamau, I've got a big challenge heading south.Two hundred kilometres with no services. Riding I often wonder how much of this is a physical challenge aposed to the mental. Hoping, wondering, but never sure, to do it with one overnight camp, here I leave wondering if I have too much food, not enough, my legs, derierre, punctures,......

With a careful eye on my "Wind" app, now showing a favourable slight tailwind, I'm targeting a road rest stop a one hundred and thirty five kilometres.  


Down up the road. 
Here I put my faith in "The Flat Earth Society" and will be thankful with modest undulations.

Little surprised having passed through at five hundred kilometres where any metre a moose,...should pop out.
Nothing.

At about seven hours of saddle time I hit my mark.
Thankful for that.
Had a little nap and with the onset of headwinds forecasted for tomorrow, decided to take advantage of a beautiful late afternoon,
and slowly moved on.

That's about as big as I'll go for a while.

Found a perfect little spot just off the road, set up camp and basked in the glory of adventure!!
Successful adventure. 


Wasn't sure what I would find in this part of Quebec at this time of the year.
What I didn't find, bugs!!!
Merci.

With a good read on the go, 
always special crawling into the tent after a day like today.
Big pain for big gain.










No comments:

Post a Comment