YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 6 September 2020

LEBEL-SUR-QUEVILLON 2 WASWANIPI, QUEBEC, CANADA - JOUR NEUF. 132KMS

After a night of rain, today is at least least better.
No rain but the first bundle up with a touch of a northern fall in the air.
 
The limited services at best are definitely becoming further and fewer in-between.
I'll be packing a load as my indications there is only one possible re-fuel between my next notable destination at one hundred and thirty-five kilometres,
the Cree reservation of Waswanipi, Quebec.



There aren't a lot of signs of man but what I'll be seeing a are transmission lines originating from hydro electric projects along the James Bay frontier.



With a little wind assist, gels, luck, balls, aboriginal spirits, higher power, ..........
I've banged off 135k's.

Welcoming committee.

Trying to be as respectful being the odd cyclists out on the reservation,
I was going to try to be as least intrusive as possible and set up camp on the edge when I was befriended by this nice gentlemen.
He was more concerned about my well being than I being the unknown intruder.
Even in this seriously Quebecois region, after Cree the language of choice is English.
Glad as I was, haven't having a lengthy conversation with anyone now for a couple of weeks,
he wasted no time in first inviting me to stay in his outbuilding. (he insisted I sleep in the house)
He proudly but with a note of concern was the Wikipedia I couldn't have asked for about so many things going on.
(How do tell your gracious host I'd like to go to sleep)

Before I knew it, Johnny and his daughter were dragging this box spring and mattress and blanket and......
Good timing.
The night will see my first sub-zero night with heavy frost in the morning.



Upon my arrival, I was just catching my breath, charging my phone when I made new friends.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment