YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 5 September 2020

VAL-DOR TO SENNETERRE NORD, QUEBEC. JOUR 7. 117KMS

Loading up.

After a day off in Val-Dor, here already a ways out of town I commit to the true nord.
Straight will get me to Montreal.
I'll be hanging an left and taking the long way around.


This rather out of the way corner of the world has been for over forty years host to one of UCI's greatest junior stage bicycle races.
"Tour de la Abitibi"
A collective of towns have unbeknownst at times seen some of the biggest names in cycling from all over the globe come through. 
The beginning of what have lead to professional careers.
It will be over thirty years that with friends we chased this tour throughout the region.

Re-supply.
Don't forget my mask!!!

It's almost been right from the start of my tour that most towns, cities, villages that I've been passing through are supported, or have been abandoned, by either the forest products or mining industries.

Tomorrows target and then ultimately in 339 kms I'll be transferring from predominately traveling north/east to south and back to relative civilization.



Rolling saddle time.
My ass is fine but my derrière is a little .........
(Love my Brooks!!!!)

Targeted rest stop.
A little more than my constitution mandates, but here things are rather spread out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment