YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 24 September 2020

LA BAIE TO RIVIERE DE HA! HA!, QUEBEC, THIRTY NINE KILOMTRES.

 Septmeber 7, 2020

I knew that once I was in the Saguenay Fiord region that I would be chalanged with some climbing.
I thought I,d lessen my elevation gains and pains by taking a more direct route to the St Lawrence.

Leaving La Baie to Baie St Paul. 
One hundred and twenty three kilomteres.
Not bad but the first eighty are on some degree up.
On top of that there is only one Depannier for resupply  on the whole trip and......


Considering how deep I was into my trip this was the first true cycling tourist that I met.
Nice guy. 
With reasonable english he was quite impressed with my journey so far.
What he was really impressed with was that I'm on the hilliest road in all of Quebec.

Further to my enlightenment on climbing,
notice the silverback leaves.
Not only am I going up, mostly tomorrow, but INTO one of the strongest headwinds I've encountered in a long time.

Departing he did half a pedal stroke and was long down the highway


Going to limit my loss and camp early.
Tomorrow the hills will still be there but the winds are forecasted to subside.
Plus who could pass up such a nice venue.






No comments:

Post a Comment