YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 7 August 2013

CYCLING PARRY SOUND - THE TRUE and NEAR NORTH - I'M SO HOPPY!


WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2013


After reluctantly breaking Camp Quiet Bay(once here, didn't venture to far. Didn't so no bay, but it was quiet), I started heading to the recommended and remote Hwy 520 and The Bunny Trail.






As evident by the flag, this place was run by a couple transplanted from Switzerland.
There was not only a Swiss restaurant down the road. (Schnitzel for breakfast?) but I rode by a few 
Tyrolean style cottages.











 
  Hello Hyla.  I have taken many pictures of these Canada Post signs for your friend.
Will get an address from you one day.

 This to me is what cycle touring is all about. Talked to locals. Ate with locals. Traded stories with locals. The guys and the gas pump were as old as the building looks. Having lived in what's left of this town for all his life, he told me stories of the tail-end of the local logging history.







Off the chart.




Heading to "one" end of the road. 




You just don't find roads like this. Trail turned road. In the old days it was hell of a lot easier to go around a tree. 

Some signs of life on a lonely road.

As this Hwy 520 is in a sense a dead end, there are few services available. After 20 or so kms, I'll hit Ardbeg. End of the road. Here I'll grab lunch and grab some supper for the road.
Now off to the Bunny Trail and camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment