YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 10 August 2013

CYCLING PARRY SOUND, ARDBEG, BUNNY TRAIL - THE TRUE and NEAR NORTH - OFF DA RAILS

WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2013




After riding to the end of the road, I stocked up on supplies for the night and headed south via the Bunny Trail. 


 Tonight's camp would be on a rock outcrop shouldering the main CN east/west rail line.
Where the road crossed the track, I hiked down the track about 500 meters.
Here after the little road traffic there was died, it was just the trains, some late evening wolves's howls and me.





 Hope there isn't a derail.







The evening proved spectacular. In the clear and calm, it was probably five minutes in advance that you could hear the distant rumble. In another coupe of minutes you could distinguish the horn blasts.
Then with still a minute before the trains arrived you could see the faint lights.
Then with all the power it takes to move upwards of 250 cars, the once deafening calm is deafening noise. 

I would have cleaned up the inside if I knew I was going to post this picture. I guess to busy having a Philly/Ardbeg cheese sandwich.

 Calms between the storms.

 In between the trains, the evening and night proved eerily quiet. 
After checking with locals, they were wolves howls I heard in the distance.

 This I think is what's left when a moose and a train get together.




I said, train kept a-rollin' all night longTrain kept a-rollin' all night long
Train kept a-rollin' all night long
Train kept a-rollin' all night long
With a "heave!", and a "ho!"
MUCH, MUCH to my disappointment, I got up numerously during the night to take images but somehow seemed to delete them in the morning.
Had some shots were it probably would have been fun to see who was crazier at three in the morning when a passenger liner flew by.


COMING SOON TO A BLOG NEAR YOU:

- A HAPPY  ESCAPE
- TRANS ONTARIO EXPEDITION. HEADING EAST

No comments:

Post a Comment