YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 8 August 2015

A SUPERIOR CYCLING TOUR - MARATHON TO WHITE RIVER, ONTARIO

JULY 23, 2015

Today we will ride from Marathon to White River.
No better way to set the theme of the day than by starting right at our campground a long climb out of town back to the Trans Canada.

Our reward for making it back to the TCH is the reassurance that  no more than 46.5 kilometres to WR can be uphill.

 Rock steady.



 A golden rest stop.
One of Canada's most famous mines.


It wasn't long into today's ride that I started to realise the horrible mistake I've made.
At the end of the ride it's not
APU I will find
AH SHIT

Its A POOH I will find.

AH SHIT

Not like other days, when I'm in the saddle for 7-8 hours, end up with a lot of time reflecting.


What would Snoop Doggy Dogg be called if he married Winnie-the-Pooh?
Snoop Doggy Dogg Pooh.

What does Winnie-the-Pooh and Bozo the Clown have in common?
The same middle name.

I call it reflecting

Most people call it........


I would carry on but don't need some badass DISNEY TRADEMARK LAWYERS knocking on my door at 2:30 in the morning.....




 As I roll into White River I am already
planifiez vos repos.
Wawa is for another day.
If there's room at the inn, ....
 There are rooms!!! There are rooms!!! There are rooms!!!
You deserve it Kristen and Hyla.
Here we will get a couple rooms and do what any deserving touring cyclist would do.
Walk in.
Clean sheets. Check
AC working. Check
Basic Cable. Check
Hot shower. Check
I love Motels. Roll your bike in and lock the door.
Its been a pleasure girls but see you later, much later.
This place like many was fine but its surprising how hard days on the road will turn most any room into a 8 Star palace.

Hey Winnie
You old piece of Pooh

                                                POOH                                                    




 I'm not quite sure what ultimately happened to Winnie but I think he had to be decommissioned after eating all but one of the Dionne Quintuplets.


 Didn't do a big exploration of White River but other than the P bear and truck and rail service it seems like its a nice place if you want to get away from it all.
I mean if you have one of those days that you want to get away from everything.
I mean everything but a few...



Well that's all for tonight as I'm on the last commercial of tonight's movie
"Facepuncher 4"
is coming to a end.
(you are probably right if you are saying it wasn't as good as 
Facepuncher 3"
but better than 
"Facepuncher 5")


COMING NEXT - SHIT, A BEAR


EDITORS NOTE - 
I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT I WRITE
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND


No comments:

Post a Comment