YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 5 August 2015

A SUPERIOR CYCLING TOUR MY D6- RAINBOW FALLS TO MARATHON

WEDNESDAY JULY 22, 2015
135kms

Today will turn out to be one of my biggest days on a bike.
Big kilometres
Big hills
Big load

This will  be my
 Hope I get to Marathon

Glad to hear at the end of the day that the ladies ranked it high in challenge and reward during their crossing of Canada.

Early morning roll out and a quick look back at our overnight view of the lake.





Heading west and planning to cross Canada was this gentlemen. 
We spoke but didn't really get where he was from.


Our first fuel stop of the day was in Terrace Bay.




This is from the movie
"Sideways"


I found the traffic to be be surprisingly light.
Apparently the primary route for truckers is the more northern drive through Timmins
.The hills apparently are a deterrent not only for cyclists.


These signs warning of potential moose crossing over the next two kilometres seem to be posted every two kilometres since we started.
Its primarily a night danger. The closet I came to seeing a sign of one were what seemed like these apres road marking hoof prints.




I always get so excited when I come up to someone riding slower than I do.
Here I happen upon one of two Koreans that we will cross cycle paths over the day.



Between my non existent Korean and their limited English,
what wouldn't  a wave and smile convey.


Here's a little Korean Canadian Summit.
The kinship of common suffering

The day definitely offered BIG nice weather.



By the end of the day we will have covered one hundred and thirty- five kilometres of road with close to a thousand metres of climbing.

I'm normally not a praying PERSON, 
but if you're up there, please save me 
Superman.


I think we were all glad to see the sign for tonight's home.

I find that if you really want something in this life, 
you have to work for it. 
Now quiet! 
They're about to announce the lottery numbers.


Still alive and well
Every once in a while I know its kinda hard to tell
But I'm still alive and well.



This post and blog are gladly brought to you by your e-nemy

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the updates!! It looks like you're having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete