YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 5 March 2016

DON'T CRY FOR ME ISCHGL



Here I take a look back at our week in Ischgl.

At first I was adamantly against going after I found that there was no definitive :
ISCHGL, by Rick Steves 
guide book.
After Kate's reassurance that everything will be fine,
and with Kate being my wife,
she was right.

I find now when  I look back at times in my life, the events seem to be adding up like the years.
In those years having been taken by mom and dad, 

going with Kate, Hyla and Nicola


 and endless friends has me looking back at over seventy ski resorts, mountains, hills, one tow towns,.... that I've been fortunate to have visited and skied.

Lance Armstrong once said that it's not about the bike and the drugs.
I have found that most times for me it's not about the skis and the Advil.
Its about all the adventure and challenge. Of getting there and back. It's about gondola rides that when someone finds that your from Canada, they ask:
Why the hell are you here?, 
in a funny accent.
It's about those whimsical and curious times in a far off land when you stand and study the menu board. Silently to  repeat to yourself and then muster up the courage to order your first:
"Quarter Pounder with Cheese"
in a foreign land.
(one day I'll tell about the time I return from overseas, went to the MacDonald's in Foothill and ordered a
Fromage Royale.
The lady asked me to kindly and calmly step back from the counter, ......)

I am lucky that that most places I travel leaves me with the impression that there are great things to do and see in this world
I am luckier that I am able to share these experiences with Kate,  John and Carol,
and for you who dare to follow niagara paul's.
I hope bring a little taste of where we've been and where we
all
 might still go.












No comments:

Post a Comment