YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 5 September 2017

I'M ON MY WAY, I'M ON MY WAY TO DAYVILLE, OREGON. U.S.A.

High plains drifter.

(back in the blog saddle)
August 18, 2017 



Rise......

and shining.

Respectful that I really shouldn't have camped here, even after a friendly early morning visit from an accommodating pistol packing park ranger, I take full advantage of the facilities, again.


Old Glory
Restored historic ranch.

Reminiscing about the island.

Barn Door

Guess whats inside?

Live taping!

Many days I have a pretty good idea of where I "would" like to end up. Yesterday was one of those days that my road unknowingly ended where it did. 
I will take full advantage of yesterday's full day, leaving me today a rather leisurely fifty plus kilometres to Mitchell. 




Looking back.


Practising for the 21st.
The smoke from the fires seem to be behind me now,
or are they?

It was here on the high, exposed plains that I expected to take the brunt of the heat of my trip.
After the 100+F meltdown at the beginning, here the early/mid day 80ishes seem more than tolerable.


This part of the country, at this time of the year, there is not much in the way of these "creeks" I cross.
Can't say too much about the rattlers.
(I do shake my sleeping bag quite throughly before sliding in) 
I do see a fair bit (lots) of roadkill.
Big Mac Carcass sandwich? 



This couple and their baby are coming from Wisconsin. 
One of the spotty joys of touring is meeting other cycle tourists. There aren't many that don't lighten my spirit in what they and I am doing.

A pilgrimage of sorts that lends itself to the truest connection with myself.

And this couple's baby,
THEIR DOG!

........on to Mitchell 


No comments:

Post a Comment