YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 9 September 2017

JOHN DAY TO AUSTIN JUNCTION, OREGON, U.S.A.








August 20, 2017

A night at the fairgrounds in John Day. 
I originally planned on staying in town and watching the next days eclipse with John and company.








In order to ease my ride to Idaho, I've decided to "ramble on" today. At my pace I'll still will be well within the path of totality and hopefully put another climb behind me.

John Day, Oregon. U.S.A.


I'll join in on breakfast and then not so fast break(ing) away.

How do you like my jersey?
It was a gift from Nicola from the summer she spent in the Yukon. Her side trip to Alaska save me a lot of time trying to cycle......



This is one of many makeshift campgrounds catering to the mounting visitors.



Praire City, Oregon.
Here I'll grab some grub. 

This nice lady shared parts of her journey "around" the U.S.of A. On the road since May 1, she was somewhere six thousand miles plus.


There are a few road side markers that are so ominous to a cyclist. This pretty much means you're going to do some vertical and be prepared to put some up on your bicycle chain
In this case close to two thousand feet to the summit of Dixie Pass.
I won't be whistling Dixie.
I'll be hacking and gagging Dixie.




Much vertical success.
I loved this ten kilometre climb, NOT!
High five.



Will end my day stealth camping along a serenading stream.
All was well even when a team of forest fire fighters spotted me and checked to see if I needed anything.
After a breif conversation they gave me the lay of the land ahead (another climb and pass to dream (nightmare) about) and a couple of good suggestions where possibly to view the eclipse.

Its like staying at the prestigious vacation property,
The Four Seasons.

Stay long enough and you will experience
Fall
Winter
Spring 
Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment