YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 6 September 2017

WELCOME TO DAYVILLE, OREGON, U.S.A.

As I make my way east along my Oregon trail, the approaching solar eclipse is turning what I assume to be these rather normally quiet towns into "sold out" stage coach stops.

There's not to much in Dayville but what there is , is timeless.
This store bodes more as a museum than an retail operation.








At the amazingly friendly oasis of the Fish House Inn and RV Park, I will take a small room and meet up with Carol and John and some fellow astronomers. 

Old neighbours of Carol and John from Fonthill have made the trek for totality.
Avid astronomers Wayne and Cheryl L. were a pleasure to join and share so many stories with.


"smile on your brother"
come on people now.....

After a couple of weeks of crowded solitude, I'll enjoy a camp made supper with friends and lots of stories from old and new homes.


Don't want to drive your RV to the pub, the Fish House saved a front lawn spot for this mobile taps vehicle.
In this state if someone is saying that "
they're going on the wagon",
it's akin to the Budwieser Beer Wagon.

My bed with a little room.




Well I was born in a small town
And I can breathe in a small town
Gonna die in this small town
And that's probably where they'll bury me
Songwriters: John Mellencamp




Downtown Dayville.


Stages of my Life.

As much as I would like pony up and express myself to John Day tomorrow,
will just have to again settle for this: 

SNAIL MALE


No comments:

Post a Comment