YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Monday 11 September 2017

TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE. I BLACKED OUT IN OREGON. U.S.A.







Total Solar Eclipse

Like a mother breast feeding her baby at a restaurant,
it's free,
it's beautiful,
but never under any circumstances do you stare at it!



August 21, 2017
Seemingly in the middle of no where, which was just a mile from my bush camp, was this little gem of a store that had most anything an early morning cyclist would need, including a couple from the Netherlands who were doing the Trans America bike route to trade stories with.

Already on a high plateau, I knew just ahead was another pass that seemed like a likely viewing spot for the eclipse.



This ever so friendly D.O.T. employee stopped to offer me a ride. With the summit just a couple of miles, i opted out of the lift but couldn't with his insistence turn down the offer of a icy Gatorade. 
Like to chat but eclipse will start @09:20hrs and don't want to be riding in the dark.

Blue Mt Pass.
Much success.

At the summit was this "Sno-Park" (snowmobiling) parking lot with just a half dozen parties staked out. 



Quickly befriended this family from California. All scientific and astronomical equations aside, 
much like myself, 
they've come for the experience.
And it very much seemed like, to broaden the experience band of they're daughters. 






Here we were almost in the centre of totality which lasted just over two minutes.

"in other words, don't need those other words."

 I never worried but wondered what would happen in the darkness till I heard some reassurance on the radio that: 
The Great American Discount Furniture Warehouse 
will be shedding light,
shedding light on savings never seen since the last eclipse.

Well paint my palette blue and grey.
We were deep in the woods here and for a couple of minutes I thought I saw a deer sleeping with a bear.





With this event of global magnitude, thanks to Carol, probably the only thing I learned was to make silhouette crescents from random pin hole options. Wonder if NASA knows this?



Total Solar eclipse
Number One.

See you in 2024

Having come and gone by noon, till then I'm back on the road to Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment