YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 8 September 2019

THE CROWSNEST HIGHWAY. CYCLING THE BC3. KIMBERLEY TO ELKO, BC.

September 05, 2019




With my ride to Kimberley being an out and back, I've made my way back through Cranbrook. 
Now continuing on towards Fernie.



Again some pretty pretty amazing weather. 
Will get close to 30c by the end of the afternoon but not complaining.



If I was to head to the states, it would bring me to northern Idaho.
Traversed that part on bike some years ago.

My carrot at the end of the stick was this somewhat remote landmark.
Just outside of Elko, this legend has been in the local news of late. After I don't know how many years, not only is it closing for the season in a couple of days, but perhaps for good with the uncertainty of the potential sale of the joint.



Near end of day reward. 

Still will clock another five  kilometres staking out a camp.
Town had limited supplies but what it did have was big for me.


This Ontario transplant, to Calgary, is just finishing fifty days on The Great Divide mountain bike route.
The northern portion shown here. The other terminus is the U.S.A./Mexico border.
Will meet a few more bike packers down up the road.



Found the municipal park. Beautiful views.
Even in the middle of the night, 
I enjoy some train entertainment.
Here both east and westbound via the Crowsnest Pass.




No comments:

Post a Comment