YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 21 September 2019

THE TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY. RIIDNG THE NO.1. GULL LAKE TO SWIFT CURRENT, SASKATCHEWAN. CANADA.

September  18, 2019


.....and thank you and good-bye.







After arriving in camp yesterday, especially after a nice shower, I was looking forward to the five minute cycle to downtown.
Was in the mood for a little sit down supper and enjoy a night out.
Not happening.
Like the few small towns that I'll explore, this place probably peaked fifty years ago.
Not much open, as in, ever open.
It continues that the few people that I did meet, along with the little grocery store were friendly as ever, but, perhaps unnecessarily, couldn't help feel a little sorry or sad for these struggling communities.


My combination numbers, NOT!




Harvest season.

They seem to be endless.
These grain elevators are pretty much the only structures that dot the horizons.
Connecting the dots,
ribbons of rails.








Loosing weight!!!!!!!
Nearing my end,
I continue to the likes of a balloonist heading for power lines and jettison even the most mundane.



I think that prior to my travels, if I had to pin the tail on a map,
Medicine Hat, Swift Current, Moose Jaw,..... 
I'd know the province but guess exactly where after that.

My only connection to these and a bunch of other names I'm recognising are from Don Cherry's rants on Hockey Night in Canada.
Firstly, his controversial ranting about some player who's name he couldn't begin to pronounce form some eastern block European country that didn't come any easier.
Then endlessly endorsing some kid from Pincher Creek that spends eighteen hours each summer day pitch-forking one ton bales of hay across...... 


Swift Current,

and if your looking for a metal works and fabricating operation and holding yard,
there is one right by. 
A working town!

No comments:

Post a Comment