YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Monday 3 October 2016

LET IT BE SPOKEN by Paul Nemy

October 3, 2016

EDITOR'S NOTE: Thought for a filler I'd rebroadcast a post from a couple of years ago. I am going to a mountain.


AUGUST 21, 2014 


LOOKING FOR THE FAR SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN


I don’t remember when I was first taught how to ride a bicycle. The picture I envision can’t be far from the hundreds of home movies one sees. The kid riding down and beyond the end of the street. 
What I am sure about is the feeling of freedom it must have brought. Freedom in many ways.
A chance to see the other side of the mountain.
Freedom from such a simple pleasure. A freedom like many in the world that might come at a price. Maybe some Bactine and then a hug.
Today over fifty years later my bicycle brings me to a place and places of freedom that I know of no other in my life. Moments that only seem to come when I adventure by bicycle. A freedom brought on by tackling, and conquering in my own way, on and off bike challenges. 
I am passenger. 
I am engine. 
A freedom to chose my own burden and pleasure. I am finding in life the more I bang myself around, the more I know about this character. I call upon the cyclist in ways I normally wouldn't. I end each day with a special memory, unmarked tracks of a story in my life that I’m proud and so happy to share.
My ride is not of the twenty-one days, the kilometers, the up and down, the days and nights.
 It’s a story of stories of places, people and time, now and forever more,
on the other side of the mountain.
May my bike continue to slowly and safely deliver me to happiness.
Today I write of no start and no end but of the beautiful ride of life.
It’s like my story today.
let it be spoken
Paul Nemy






 I ride by myself but I am never alone.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment