YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 19 October 2016

NICOLA, HYLA, PAUL NEMY. YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CALIFORNIA. U.S.A. CYCLING THE SIERRA NEVADA

day nine
september first, two thousand and sixteen


 All smiles after our first night in the valley. Getting a camp spot here is equivalent to winning Lotto649.
We'll enjoy a leisurely day in the valley and then relocate just down the road. There we are booked in the housekeeping camp.


 Can't keep saying that I don't get any flats.
Riding Schwabel Marathon Plus.
I guess my rear is showing some mileage but if there is any place to wake to a flat, no better than with a leisurely coffee and breakfast.

I am retired.
Well at least I
"youtubed"

 Want to go see some other people work at play?
Lets go to El Capitan and see who's climbing what!

Many people are interested our rolling bicycle, as house, as a home, road show.
Likewise.
Our neighbour camper couple have been coming to the park in some form of family trips, eventual employees, hikers, campers,...... for over twenty years. They actually met here.
This trip they come back for the first time as parents.
Isn't that sweet.
( she was already quizzing me on what to do in order for her kid to still be talking to her in twenty five years as per Hyla and Nicola. I was in a rather reflective mood and we spoke endlessly. I concluded with what I thought was the most important piece of advice I had. In her case, make sure the kid knows when Mother's Day is. Don't be subtle and risk disappointment and write out what you want. So there is no mistake colour code with a highlighter the order of importance. If you home school you can have two or three a year)







 Our routing has us passing through some amazingly remote and quiet roads.
To my occasional enjoyment, here will come upon too many people, cars, RV's, tour buses and oh yes, dogs on holidays.
We'll stare at YOU for a change. 



We've broken our tent camp and will do a little sightseeing in the valley.
Here, where Kate and I visited over thirty years ago , 
The Awahnee Lodge,
I tried to take advantage of the Valet parking service.
The attendant politely smiled and laughed.
(because I think he is paid to do.)



 Not my favourite National Park lodge but still impressive.

 Though we stayed at the Climber's Lodge next door, Kate and I during a wander through those years ago swear that we saw Willie Nelson here.

he was on the road again,



Woah, all I want is on the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again



wn

 Even if wasn't Willie, with Yosemite being a gem in the National Park network, these rooms have been visited for close to one hundred years by the most famous and important people in the world.
Just a month previous the Chief in Command of the USA walked these floors.
I might have used the same urinal as Barack, Gandhi, Winston, Caitlyn.....


No comments:

Post a Comment