YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 13 October 2016

CYCLING THE SIERRA NEVADA, PIEDRA,CALIFORNIA. HYLA, NICOLA, PAUL NEMY



August 27, 2016
Finishing up day five.

Here we will finish our day by dropping down from the high Sierra to Piedra, just outside of Fresno, California.


When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of education
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall
Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So mama don't take my Kodachrome away


thanks paul simon
 As much as the heat is not our first choice, its this mix of most everything that makes going around the next corner interesting.


Not quite in the California bread basket of North America, here at least we were able to rustle this farmer from a afternoon nap and  grab some fresh apples.







 Sharing the road!


With a extra half lap in the Piedra Campground, we will end the day at 100 kilometres.

Our target on Adventure Cycling Association's map was Piedra, California. The usually reliable resource information proved a little off.
Not only wasn't there no store of any kind,
we pretty much concluded that there wasn't no Piedra other than maybe a sign and some very friendly Mexican families enjoying the water.
With no potable water at the camp,
we arrived parched and just in time for them empty their water coolers filled with ice into every empty bottle, twice over, we had.

MUCHO GRACIAS
    


No Town
No Problem
The day the any Nemy isn't going to have something gourmand stashed away in some pannier.......

Best back-up meal I've had in awhile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment