YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 22 October 2016

WHITE WOLF CAMPGROUND, YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CALIFORNIA

Day Ten
September 2, 2016

Yosemite Valley to White Wolf Campground.









Nicola and I purposely told Hyla to go right, knowing she would go left and to San Fransisco.
Two hundred miles later.....
San Fransisco is nice but now that I think about too hilly for my bike.


From the valley floor to Tioga Pass, over the next two days we will climb over 6,000ft.
If you have ever heard,
"Hard work never killed anyone"
Sure it has. Its killed a lot of people.









Life is game of chances and I'm glad that we've taken a few just to get here.

But then I turn my back for a minute and 

WHAT THE @#$%.

Here in the middle of beautiful nowhere, Nicola, with her sister's help, decides to see if that severe reaction she had to mangoes not long ago was just some random fluke.
But ya dad, those were Diamond Dawson City mangoes,
these are from Yosemite.

I try to teach myself to embrace fear.
But Mangoes?

I'll be down the road.

Is that a truck coming?

 Defying all the mangoes fears.
Camp White Wolf.
"home of the brave"

The cowards never start.
The weak die along the way.
That just leaves us.





Fuelling the furnace.
The extreme heat is behind us.
The extreme coolness is ahead tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment