YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 1 October 2019

DOG RIVER. A.K.A. ROULEAU, SASKATCHEWAN. CANADA

September 23, 2019

The whole of my trip had me pretty much adhering to the two principal routes I rode.
In British Columbia I diverted only once off the BC3 to visit Kimberley.
After completing the Crowsnest Highway and picking up the Trans Canada, its been a straight ride into Moose Jaw on the Alberta/Saskatchewan 1.
With a couple of extra days before I needed to be in Regina, thought I'd whole my first visit to this province by going to one of it's more amiable towns,

DOG RIVER.




Wishing to ride the rails, will have to settle for chasing.




Downtown Rouleau, Saskatchewan.
a.k.a. Dog River.

 "And that's why you can stay so long / 
Where there's not a lot goin' on."

Davis and Karen's cop shop.

With the whole of the town quite quiet,
was looking forward to some eats in the (only establishment) tavern,
but apparently that ain't happening on a Monday.


What's..


...in your face?

Camp.



Hey you jackass.
The feature Corner Gas station and The Ruby dinner structures have been torn down.
Apparently they fallen into disrepair and had become unsafe.
(apparently on top of the FOO MAR burning down)
The above is now the locals grab and go,
as well as my grab and hope a la carte supper.

Good. Morning.


With some customary prairie winds, not in my favour for the first part of my ride into Regina, I'm up with the sun and gone with even more great Canadian memories. 

Thanks for the laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment