YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 6 October 2019

NEW MEXICO OFF-ROAD RUNNER. NEMY. PAGE 19/32. WINSTON AND BEYOND .

Thanks for joining us. 
Not sure where I’m more fortunate. Getting a propelling experience in with our two daughters or riding a portion of the incredibly beautiful bike packing adventure that is the New Mexico Off-Road Runner. To do both together, well, a liberating journey of harmony and adventure I’m beyond grateful for. This once guiding father now thankfully follows the many inspirations Hyla and Nicola have become. More so Nicola’s passion of a gravel road less taken…………………….  
………continued below.   

April 19, 2019

Riding our own ride.

After a family collective, (left the suggestion box home) without a feud we've opted out of the Runners' Clorhide loop and have just headed straight north out of Winston.

Never one to forgo any adventure because, "can't do it all", "don't have the time",....

(after Nicola's two month soiree in the Middle East, Hyla's three month crossing of Canada and my month plus tours, the ten days plus for our happy asses to bag this would of been great, but...)
our ultimately riding only a portion of route will still be be an impressive addition to the Nemy travelogue.




Not long after we are back on gravel track.

Playground.
With three-quarters of the roads in New Mexico gravel,......

Liking what we are riding.
Seems rather remote.
Good chance that the "Lazy Ranch" might have to throw some of their own rubbish out the window to have anything to pick up.

Just like the weather.
Coming in hot.




Didn't want t be left out of a family affair.

Haven't bought a new bike in a long while.
As somewhat evident by the way I'm loaded, my main game is self supported touring.
Enough of this scattered throughout this GONP blogspot.
Found this rigging not a problem for the majority of the terrain we have and will cover.


I'm liking it a lot:
SURLY BRIDGE CLUB


Dang me, dang me,
take a rope and hang me,...

Not throwing in the saddle blanket yet, we'll just mozy down the trail, round-up the bikes, rustle up some grub and wait for the coyotes to signal lamps out. 


………….Here you have found one of thirty two posts chronicling our pedaling and pondering of Cass Gilbert’s excellently presented and documented “New Mexico Off Road Runner”.
Like life and a blog, please enjoy cha-cha cha-ing back and forth, newer and older, for a time of my life.

When I was a kid I rode my bike to be more like an adult. Here as an adult, I ride, thanks to the girls, to be more like a kid again. What a playground.


Transcending the family bound, here, as in the past, we saddled up as compadres ciclismo.



No comments:

Post a Comment