YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 6 October 2019

NEW MEXICO OFF-ROAD RUNNER. NEMY. PAGE 23/32. WITHINGTON PASS, NEW MEXICO. USA

Thanks for joining us. 
Not sure where I’m more fortunate. Getting a propelling experience in with our two daughters or riding a portion of the incredibly beautiful bike packing adventure that is the New Mexico Off-Road Runner. To do both together, well, a liberating journey of harmony and adventure I’m beyond grateful for. This once guiding father now thankfully follows the many inspirations Hyla and Nicola have become. More so Nicola’s passion of a gravel road less taken…………………….  
………continued below.   

April 20, 2019

Here I capture the girls summiting.
Glad it wasn't the other way another.
After a lengthy day of ascending in various shapes and forms,
my final kilometres were far from anything gracious.
A boulder strewn, washed out rutted, hors category climb had me ranting and raging from anywhere between 
...me being confident that punishing my legs to this degree I won't have any veins left for that heart bypass that I'm going to be badly in need of soon.. 
to
....cursing that this is the worst Christmas ever,
then realising its not Christmas and that the bad news just keeps on coming.....
.....I really wondered if anybody can really out PIZZA the HUT???.....
.....roses are red, @#$% you Flat Earth Society....
.....sorry Marvin Gaye,
ain't no mountain high enough, well we're getting pretty close to.....
.....I wonder why every time I go to Little Italy in Toronto, why I don't need a little passport,.........

All in all the summit was breathtaking.
As in at nine thousand feet above sea level, 


Nicola Nemy (L)
Showing her true colours shine on a mountain of pines.

Perhaps the girls agree, 
I've come for adventure and challenge.
I sometimes liken my life to a ten-speed and here I've used gears that I didn't know I had, 
let lone worked.

Oh the joy of suffering.

Wouldn't you know it,
 before I even caught my breath,
did a Jeff Beck and,

Well, I'm going down,
down, down, down,..
This will be as high as we get this trip so time to switch to Airplane Mode.

Can we not just go down in some peace and quiet?
Survey says.......................
probably not.

Nicola' crossing of paths in the Middle East...
please: Bunyan Velo



Can you imagine that at one point in time it was probably the number one wish of a kid to find a bicycle 
under the Christmas tree,

Freedom never changes.

Nicola Nemy.
A cyclical life. 
Photo credit: Hyla
nice one !



Before we dump out onto the flats and out of the National Forest,
a natural selection for camp.

………….Here you have found one of thirty two posts chronicling our pedaling and pondering of Cass Gilbert’s excellently presented and documented “New Mexico Off Road Runner”.
Like life and a blog, please enjoy cha-cha cha-ing back and forth, newer and older, for a time of my life.

When I was a kid I rode my bike to be more like an adult. Here as an adult, I ride, thanks to the girls, to be more like a kid again. What a playground.

Transcending the family bound, here, as in the past, we saddled up as compadres ciclismo.










No comments:

Post a Comment