YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 6 October 2019

NEW MEXICO OFF-ROAD RUNNER. NEMY. PAGE 22/32. UP TO WITHINGTON PASS

Thanks for joining us. 
Not sure where I’m more fortunate. Getting a propelling experience in with our two daughters or riding a portion of the incredibly beautiful bike packing adventure that is the New Mexico Off-Road Runner. To do both together, well, a liberating journey of harmony and adventure I’m beyond grateful for. This once guiding father now thankfully follows the many inspirations Hyla and Nicola have become. More so Nicola’s passion of a gravel road less taken…………………….  
………continued below.   

April 20, 2019


Nicola Nemy.
Free Range Child.



The state has an abundance of varied terrain.
Having come off some high plateaus that themselves are at four thousand feet above sea level. Here we will be exposed to some pretty good elevation gain.
Pushing(and dragging) us up to nine thousand feet as we cross the pass. 




Nicola selected the route, and a great selection it was.
Took me to parts and climes that I normally wouldn't gravitate to. 
Here I'm in my comfort alpine zone. 
Any day I tour and happen upon Douglas Firs and Ponderosa Pines I know I'm where I'm suppose to be.



"Like the pine trees linin' the windin' road

I've got a name, I've got a name

Like the singin' bird and the croakin' toad
I've got a name, I've got a name
And I carry it with me like my daddy did
But I'm living the dream that he(didn't) kept hid
Movin' me down the highway, rollin' me down the highway

Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by"

Charles Fox


Wondering if my horoscope had anything about ginger snap tacos....
Glad I didn't go to my Fortune Teller because I might not have been here if this was in cards.
Little surprising for the environs was the limited water we were able to find.
Even with it being April and what we were being told that these ranges have not seen a snow pact like this past winter for many years.
Again the Off-Road Runner route's notes were bang on.
That is correct, SIR!!

Now the push to the Pass. 


………….Here you have found one of thirty two posts chronicling our pedaling and pondering of Cass Gilbert’s excellently presented and documented “New Mexico Off Road Runner”.
Like life and a blog, please enjoy cha-cha cha-ing back and forth, newer and older, for a time of my life.

When I was a kid I rode my bike to be more like an adult. Here as an adult, I ride, thanks to the girls, to be more like a kid again. What a playground.


Transcending the family bound, here, as in the past, we saddled up as compadres ciclismo.




No comments:

Post a Comment