YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 7 September 2021

LANIGAN, SASKATCHEWAN. CANADA

My first night on the road will be similar to a number coming up,
falling asleep to the hum of an air conditioner.
The continuning heat, let alone the draught, is by far the number one topic locally.
I'm sent on my way with some Madarian blessing from the more than hospitable proprietors.
It won't be the last time that I'll ride off  wondering how these new Canadians found their way to this little dot on map. A dot that today's highway of change is passing by.
(I will often on this trip pass through towns and villages that have seen significantly better times.
More later) 


New to this trip, it will still be some time before I tire of these seemingly endless roads.

With a particularly fierce blast of the prairie furnace forecasted,
I'm powdered by knowing that a room awaits.


Here in whats left of this particularly melancholy town I'll find a room far exceeding the local vibe and hunker down for a couple of nights.


Local eats.

In so many of these towns, it seems so sad that these empty crazy wide boulevards are now desperate for traffic.
What would be a godsend in some modern communities today, this was the standard layout mandated by the rail companies one hundred years ago.

Can't go "Wong"


This will be one of a number of room roulettes that I'll have on this trip.
On your average road trip the exterior would advertise a definite drive by.
As I turn the key and see what awaits,
this one (most were) was a...
...............................................
WINNER

Thank you. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment