YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 17 August 2017

CASCADE LAKES SCENIC BYWAY. OREGON. U.S.A.


August 8, 2017


Ready to break camp after a restoring and refreshingly cold night.
I enjoy it now.

As if the volcanoes were active, 
the days heat is extreme.
So deceptive at these higher, usually cooler altitudes. Even the snow in sight doesn't appease .


Today I'll continue to head south and explore the Cascades Lakes Scenic Byway.

I cannot complain what I bring upon myself.
I climb.
If the mind stays strong
The body will follow.

A crescendo of life.


For the first time on a cycle tour, when appropriate I'm so plugged into my phone.
Learning, listening.

Far
We've been traveling far
Without a home
But not without a star
Free
Only want to be free
We huddle close
Hang on to a dream
On the boats and on the planes
They're coming to America
Never looking back again
They're coming to America
neil diamond
Land of lava.


Along with the heat, smoke from wild fires continue to drift from every direction.
A sad but endless reminder of the campfire.
I'm hoping a hot spot up the road won't detour me.


Self propeled.
Self contained.
Self sheltered.
It has nothing to do with this day of economy,
That my life is richer.


At camp I enjoy the seclusion and find my hiding spot from the sun.
See if I have anything to read about the Antarctic and drift off.




No rush but target Boise, Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment