YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 13 August 2017

MT BACHELOR, OREGON. U.S.A. CASCADE LAKES SCENIC BYWAY. BEND TO SPARKS LAKE CAMPGROUND.

\


August 7, 2017
(Thank goodness its TGIF. Hey wait. Its Monday. Dam!)



I can ride but still not quite hide from the heat. After a couple of nights in Bend, I'm heading back up into the Sierras were I at least can dream that it is cooler.

Not just fifty kilometres up from Bend lies Mt Bachelor. The local year round sport centre.
Skis and bikes.
Bikes and skis.


Even up here with the base touching six thousand feet, the temperatures for the week are touching mid thirties during the day.

Nice little 30K climb.
All work. All play.
MUCH SUFFER SUCCESS.

Welcome to Mt. Bachelor.
Slowly the views are getting almost as good as my screen saver!

After visiting the resort, I'll continue west towards the Sisters and hopefully a campground.

As much as I enjoy the smell of a campfire, for two weeks now the skys have been blanketed to varying degrees with smoke. Not only are there some rather significant local fires, smoke from as far away as British Columbia and most surrounding states have been filling the skys.
Might not need those goofy glasses for the eclipse.

With the dry air and smoke, I feel like I'm being cured like a Black Forest Ham.

Serenity@100F


Wet nap.

Sparks Lake campground silhouetted by Mt Bachelor.

In my dreams.

My wheels for wisdom.
A natural selection.

My True North.
Thanks Hugh
TrueNorthCycles

No comments:

Post a Comment