YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 26 August 2017

OCHOCO NATIONAL FOREST, OREGON,. U.S.A.

08/15/17

Packed my bags for the Ochoco mountains.

Very busy bear these days.

 Like with the girls last year, I pull into most every D.O T. weigh station to try to get a read on the tonnage I roll with. This one, like most is calibrated in fifty pound increments and serves not much use, other than I can here buy into illusion and the scale reading fifty pounds. With limited service ahead I'm loaded here with supplies, including fluids, and only wish that I'm the fifty pound side of seventy five, but would expect in reality, 85-90lbs total.

To John Day and beyond.


 I am now on Adventure Cycling Association's famous Trans America route and will begin to meet more frequently fellow cycle tourists and alcoholics.
Some riding from coast to coast.

 Ranch country.

 I begin my climb into Ochoco National Forest.


I love National Forests (that are not aflame). Many offer primitive organised camping which suits me just fine.


Pannier Cam


The campground and my site, at the the peak of the Ochoco Pass, quickly shot to my number one of the trip.
Along with the cooler temps, the forest zone of four to six thousand bearing Lodgepole Pine, Ponderosa Pine and the occasional Douglas Fir is my fav by far.
I find theses species lend them self to be able to see the forest for the trees, which tend to stand sparsely spaced.


.....a little reading between some story writing of my.....



No comments:

Post a Comment