YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 20 September 2014

KAMLOOPS, BRITISH COLUMBIA

On this the twentieth of August, 2014 and the twentieth day of my tour I will ride from Chase to Kamloops.
My last leg, for tomorrow Kate will fly in and then we are off  to some new adventures.

 After a night of some rain and a spectacular lighting storm off in the distance, morning has broken well for my ride to Kamloops.





 I today will be a valley rider.

 For a good part of my trip I had a good knowledge of my whereabouts, destinations and times involved.
Occasionally when I did ask for directions, I most times chuckled to myself when the common response would be, "just down the road", "not far", "20min Ahead"
If someone was to say "you'll be there in a hour" that could quite well mean tomorrow for me.

 The lush green of the mountains has now slowly turned a rather burnt and parched valley.

 Here's something I don't see everyday. This travelling couple and horse, pick up and trailer, are all out stretching their legs and getting a quick snack. 




 I on a couple of occasions have stopped at  Ministry of Transportation Weigh Stations and have had smiling and laughing officials weigh my "Bike". I have on a couple of occasions never let the knowledgeable blog reading public know what "we weighed in at"(most times I had a good stash of provisions was my silent justification to myself)
Here at the end of my trip and having jettisoned (like a sinking balloon) all unnecessary goods and chattel, was my time to redeem myself with hopefully normal numbers, but unfortunately the self administer scale was closed.
Maybe  for the better.

Here are my targets:

True North(2013) w/marathons, fenders, rear rack                  30lbs
T42s  (rear panniers bare)                                                           5lbs
T18s   (front panniers bare)                                                        4lbs
Front rack                                                                                  1lbs  
                                              Rigged bike             40lbs                                     
                
All my stuff  (without food)               30-40lbs

 Total w/o food                                  70-80lbs

(one weigh station, just before climbing Rogers Pass, I (bike) tipped the scale@ 90lbs. Had extra food and water.)(I'm sure it was the irrelevant number that had the weigh stations guys politely smile and wish me a safe trip. I left to hide my crying. On the other extreme end, a GOOD racing bike, wieghs maybe 15lbs??. don't want to think about that)




 Reward for the day and trip.
The Ranchland, Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA
This place had low rates, Cont. breakfast, Hot tub, laundry and something else I can't read.

The end.

What's next? My story of my stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment