YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 6 September 2014

ROGERS PASS - OVER AND OUT

AUGUST AND DAY 14, 2014

Having broke Camp Connaught, I'm just a short push to the top of Rogers Pass.
But to get there I'll have to pass thru a series of snow avalanche tunnels.

In no rush, I tried to timed my passages in between the busy traffic, which none the less seemed respectful of presence.


Big mountain. Big tunnel. Small bike.


Red light district.




So. Wheres Roger?


This couple from overseas were just passing thru on their way from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Patagonia, Chile



It is the closure of this lodge at the pass that forced me to come fully supplied.

I very much enjoyed my visit to the visitors centre. Did a double take when I saw a winter aerial view of my previous nights Camp Connaught.
It was pretty much where the lead locomotive is that I spent the night.

The pass is steeped in history. Much of it being the battle with winter snows. Years of destructive avalanches have resulted in a epic battle of 
"Man versus Nature"

The Park's chief warden was moving. 
Many come to the surrounding areas to Heli-Ski.

Here is some Heli-Moving.

After sufficient exploring the visitor's centre and area,
I will spend the night at the Illecillewaet Campground, just a couple of kilometres west of the summit.

Beautiful site. I don't know if I was just happy that I made it up Rogers Pass and had a day of descending to Revelstoke ahead of me, but I was happy to be here.

Made any supper extra tasty. Celebrated with a real Chef!
Get the crayons out and colour me lasagna.



I told myself to smile. 



Rogers Pass. Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment