YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 9 September 2014

ROGERS PASS TO REVELSTOKE

AUGUST AND DAY 15, 2014

Today I'll break camp Illecillewaet (glad I've got this picture just below. This is one name I couldn't remember for the life of me when people asked me where I'm camping tonight.)(Second only to don't ask me the date or what day of the week it is when I fill in my camping registration)

 Morning roll out.

 After some brief overnight rain, dawn broke clearing and mountain fresh.


 Today I'll roll down the pass and hopefully be able to stop at the bottom in Revelstoke for a couple of nights.





 Will again pass thru a series of avalanche/slide tunnels before I leave the higher elevation.

 Doing a quick calculation of the speed, size, colour, make, damage...... of all vehicles before I make my sprint thru. 
Hope I fit!

 The traffic is crazee.



Made it. 

 YA BABY!
Rogers Pass will be my last bit of serious climbing and, like here, descending of my trip.

 I stopped to admire the combination of highway, river, railroad.
Starring off in the distance I was caught off guard by your not so usual screaming and shouting.
(I have become accustom to my screaming and shouting)

 Where one mans and woman's curse of trying to conquer mother nature for the good of national economy......
..... is an others for the good of getting your ya ya's on.

In this part of the country where there is some fast moving water, there are people on and in fast moving water.


Thought I'd should have the ODD picture of myself here and there.
These are from a trip to Florida in 1977.
Went primarily To see the 24hrs of Daytona.
Me and some sort of beached dead water mammal.
I remember I had to push that lady and her dog out of the way for hogging the picture.
(she flicked her smoke at me)

 On the pit wall at Sebring International Raceway.

Now back to my irregular off schedule programing.
Sorry for any inconvenience this interruption may have caused.

  Entering my fifth National Park of the trip.



 I will just slice thru a corner of the park and pop out at the town of Revelstoke, British Columbia.
There are some places that need no line to indicate you have left a National Park.
Where's the go-cart track?

 This is one occasion where I do believe that first impressions count.
Rolled into Revelstoke just as a brief rain that I was riding in ended.
I came to a stop at this much enjoyed Burrito Bus.

I think I'm going to like

No comments:

Post a Comment