YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 3 September 2014

ROGERS PASS - CONNAUGHT TUNNEL

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST AND DAY 13, 2014


Wanting to spend a couple of nights on the pass, and one being the summit, I scouted for a camp on my ascent. With full respect of being in a National Park, just ten kilometres from the top, I found a little stealth camp on the CPR line.

Donald to the summit of Rogers Pass.


Here I will spend the night near the Bear Creek end of what I'll find to be one of many famous tunnels through this part of the Rockies.

Click if you dare.
Can you imagine that this eight kilometre tunnel built in 1916 is still being used today,
and tonight!!!

1916

On some parts of my travels, trains have become a great source of entertainment and even fascination with their local historic past in helping build and bind this country together.


 On train spotting watch.




Needs a little more pepper!

Not for use on human but fine for your........ 



COMING NEXT - MORE TUNNELS TO THE SUMMIT


No comments:

Post a Comment