YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Monday 1 September 2014

ROGERS PASS - HITTING THE TRANS CANADA

AUGUST 13, 2014.

BACK IN THE SADDLE


Today I'll break hotel camp in Golden, British Columbia........

....grab some fuel for I will need to be self reliant (extra pop tarts) during my scheduled two night crossing of Rogers Pass.....

                                Pot Tarts
            Bad news bears break training???????

 ....and start heading to one of the most famous and few crossings of the Canadian Rockies.

(I have seen, and recorded, more scenes of North America on the backs of vacation vehicles that I feel no need to visit and have reduced my travel bucket list by half)

 Two night reservation - 135 kms
Kate Aug 21 - 346 kms

 Sometimes I write with the notion that the truth is some times boring.
But here I implore that this is up and only the beginning of this iconic road.


 The limited options of getting to point A and point B around here puts a diversity of traffic on this road that one does not normally see.



 After what I expect to be a rather effort full ascent, I have no plans of rushing down and will spend two nights in Glacier NP. The second being the summit of Rogers Pass.


COMING NEXT - CAMP ONE

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!"

Martin Luther King




No comments:

Post a Comment