YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 10 September 2014

REVELSTOKE

Today on the 15th of August and the 15th day of my tour I'll ride into Revelstoke, British Columbia. I have been attentive to my daily distances for planning purposes but it's the elevation gain and loss that keeps me  in check. Being all relative, at the end of today I will be closing in on 1,000kms. Not having a altimeter, it's the rise and fall of paul that's big in my book.


View Jasper to Revelstoke2 in a larger map


I will spend a couple of days in Revelstoke now. I look forward to being in the same place for more than a night but had a slight sad feeling knowing that the grand part of my trip is over. With what is behind me, my next three days on the road to Kamloops will see my still riding some ups and downs but not of the magnitude of my two previous weeks.


Unbeknowest to me, my weekend stay here falls on Homecoming weekend.
I don't have to go far before I find breakfast.



 Planning to spend a lot of time inspecting my hotel room, what will turn out to be a rainy homecoming weekend will unfortunately not spoil my plans.





 Here I will put to the test that fresh baking at the local market stands the test of a little shitty weather

Musical group "The Cult" wrote a song about this:
"Snow Removal Machine"

Not having pictures to do it justice, Revelstoke's rich railroad history is excellently displayed at a beautiful museum. 
A perfect place to escape from the inclement weather





Play safe.
The town is base to a myriad of all season outdoor activities. Home town to the Revelstoke Ski Mountain, it's also base to a number of Heli-ski operations in the winter and more.

My touring bike is a close family fit to a town run over by mountain bikes today.




I'm going to take a little rest now so I'll just show you my room and then some more of Revelstoke later.

If you ever happen to pass through Revi and are looking for a nice economical stay, I approve the Cube.

Single and dorm style rooms with common showers are available.


Need to cook up a storm, no problem


If you forever what reason decide to come back, we'll see if :
The Rain in Revelstoke falls mainly on the Train

Wasn't expecting snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment